We have a new pamphlet that gives a high level overview of:
- The District Resource Centre (DRC)
- Careers and Transitions services and opportunities
- Curriculum and learning services
- Professional learning opportunities
- Programmes en français
Look for the pamphlet in the DRC and in schools!
Pamphlet: Curriculum Team tri-fold 2018
We are so excited to announce the opening of the new District Resource Centre (DRC). Located behind the School Board Office, the new modular building houses the DRC and the curriculum and learning team. There is room to spread out and look at resources in the bright and inviting space. The opening on the 3rd will have snacks, information, and demonstrations. Come by on the 3rd for a look and to see what the DRC has for you!
More information is available on the poster: DRC opening
The Curriculum and Learning team is proud to support two exciting programs this school year that both have a quickly approaching deadline of Sept. 28, 2018. See information below for an overview and links! Please email Jeannie DeBoice, email@example.com, for more information.
The District Curriculum and Learning Team invites interested school teams committed to on-going collaboration that focuses on deep student learning tied to the BC Curriculum redesign, with a focus on Literacy, Numeracy or Inquiry. We will explore the big questions: What’s going on for our learners? How do we know? Why does this matter? The Inquiry Framework will integrate Spirals of Inquiry, Changing Results Model, and Assessment for, as and of learning.
- Early career teachers, willing to commit to all 8 cumulative sessions
- Literacy and Numeracy foundations are at the heart of BC’s curriculum redesign
- Early Literacy and Numeracy are fundamental and are applied in all areas of learning
- With many new teachers acquiring contracts right out of University, this series will provide practical application and continuation of learning around the continuums of numeracy and literacy
- In some schools, there are more new career teachers than experienced, leaving the mentoring to a busy few!
- Focus on Literacy and Numeracy foundations, as we work through research-based professional resources (All resources will be provided and used throughout the year)
- Sessions will follow a responsive teaching model using Formative Assessment to assess then plan for next steps
- Supportive classroom structures, class management and useful routines will be woven in throughout our 8 sessions
- Between sessions teachers will implement strategies and assessments, debriefing observations at subsequent sessions
- NOT a ‘one-off’ workshop, but rather 8 full-day sessions that link to daily classroom practice
- In-class support from the Curriculum and Learning Team to co-plan, co-teach, and offer any other support requested
Looking for information on Careers, Training, and Learning information and opportunities in SD 62?
Check out the comprehensive website:
Topics include: CLE, CLC, ADST, SIP, and more!