The VLC has added a new page to help support K-12 teachers with Physical and Health Education: learningcommons62.sd62.bc.ca/information-centre/digital-text-books/physical-and-health-education/
Don’t forget to check our DRC catalogue: library.sd62.bc.ca/
And our ERAC digital collection! learningcommons62.sd62.bc.ca/2016/02/11/bc-digital-classroom/
Do you have a resource you’d like to share? Please email Melissa Horner, firstname.lastname@example.org
To log in, visit: library.sd62.bc.ca/
Click on the ‘Log In’ link on the top right of the page
Username is your SD 62 username
Password is your SD 62 password
Once logged in, choose the Catalog tab, then you may search by selecting ‘District Resource Centre‘ as the location.
Please email any questions to Brianna Seal at email@example.com
Resources are couriered to your school, but feel welcome to stop by the DRC and browse in person! Located in the annex behind the Sooke School Board Office, 3143 Jacklin Road.
District Resource Centre (DRC) How to Guide for Destiny Follett Oct 2018
ERAC Digital Classroom
You can access these resources through
Quick link: HERE
Press HERE to access LearnNowBC
The LearnNowBC portal offers free services that support student-centered learning for K-12 students, adult learners, parents and educators.
In supporting student-centered learning and flexibility, LearnNowBC provides the following services:
- Tutoring & Study Centre supports students in their learning beyond the typical school hours through streaming video lessons, self-assessments and access to live tutors;
- Post-secondary, trades and career advice is available for adults, K-12 students and parents that focusses on the individual needs, strengths and interests of the learner;
- An online flexible teaching and learning environment that allows educators to deliver synchronous instruction and assessment to learners;
- An online meeting space for administrators and other educational leaders in the province to share emerging educational pedagogy;
- Easy access to district subscribed digital educational resources for continuous learning;
- Daily Physical Activity (DPA) tracker meets the needs of flexible recording, including mobile technologies, and supports educators in the assessment of student healthy living;
- Young Learning Centre provides learning resources for young learners and parents to assist in the development of early literacies;
- Course Finder provides students with choice in locating course and school information for distributed learning options; and
- A dedicated Support Desk providing learners, parents and educators with live telephone and email assistance on educational and technical issues.
The LearnNowBC portal is managed by the School District 73 Business Company (SD73BC) under an agreement with the British Columbia Ministry of Education.
Please select the database that you would like to use below. If you do not know the login please contact your Teacher- Librarian or Scott Belshaw – firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are using the links below the password is the regular first two numbers and SBO. Overall, ##SBO and not your schools log in (just for Gale if you are using these Databases and not your school’s website databases).
Press HERE to access myBlueprint
Middle School Students access via the following instructions (the video below is 33 sec. and is a good visual to watch first):
1) Visit www.myBlueprint.ca/sd62
2) Click Sign Up
3) Select SD62 Middle School Students
4) Follow Account Creation Process
Below is a video that will give you a visual outline of the sign-up process (33 Sec.).
*SD62 does not have MyBlueprint set up for Elementary school students.
Press HERE to access KNOWBC
Link to BC Digital Classroom
Please contact Scott Belshaw for your password and username to Passport to the Internet – email@example.com
Please go HERE to access World Book online.