The District Resource Centre (DRC) is located in the annex behind the Sooke School Board Office: 3143 Jacklin Road
The DRC contains a range of resources to support innovative teaching and learning. Any SD62 staff member can access items from the DRC.
Two Ways to Order Materials
1. DRC website: library.sd62.bc.ca/
-Click on your school name
-Click log in on the top right corner
* Username is your SD62 username
* Password is your SD62 password
2. Email DRC at SD62.bc.ca
* Include order number and title. (Ex. LCN OCO – How to Steal A Dog)
Orders will be sent out in the next green DRC courier bag delivery. Return materials in the green courier bag directly to the DRC.
Brianna Seal – DRC Clerk
Monday, Wednesday and Thursday 9:30 – 5:00
Tuesday and Friday 7:00am – 2:30pm
Help document: District Resource Centre (DRC) How to Guide for Destiny Follett
Press HERE to access LearnNowBC
The LearnNowBC portal offers free services that support student-centered learning for K-12 students, adult learners, parents and educators.
In supporting student-centered learning and flexibility, LearnNowBC provides the following services:
- Tutoring & Study Centre supports students in their learning beyond the typical school hours through streaming video lessons, self-assessments and access to live tutors;
- Post-secondary, trades and career advice is available for adults, K-12 students and parents that focusses on the individual needs, strengths and interests of the learner;
- An online flexible teaching and learning environment that allows educators to deliver synchronous instruction and assessment to learners;
- An online meeting space for administrators and other educational leaders in the province to share emerging educational pedagogy;
- Easy access to district subscribed digital educational resources for continuous learning;
- Daily Physical Activity (DPA) tracker meets the needs of flexible recording, including mobile technologies, and supports educators in the assessment of student healthy living;
- Young Learning Centre provides learning resources for young learners and parents to assist in the development of early literacies;
- Course Finder provides students with choice in locating course and school information for distributed learning options; and
- A dedicated Support Desk providing learners, parents and educators with live telephone and email assistance on educational and technical issues.
The LearnNowBC portal is managed by the School District 73 Business Company (SD73BC) under an agreement with the British Columbia Ministry of Education.
Please select the database that you would like to use below. If you do not know the login please contact your Teacher- Librarian or Melissa Horner – firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are using the links below the password is the regular first two numbers and SBO. Overall, ##SBO and not your schools log in (just for Gale if you are using these Databases and not your school’s website databases).
Press HERE to access myBlueprint
Middle School Students access via the following instructions (the video below is 33 sec. and is a good visual to watch first):
1) Visit www.myBlueprint.ca/sd62
2) Click Sign Up
3) Select SD62 Middle School Students
4) Follow Account Creation Process
Below is a video that will give you a visual outline of the sign-up process (33 Sec.).
*SD62 does not have MyBlueprint set up for Elementary school students.
Press HERE to access KNOWBC
Link to BC Digital Classroom
Please contact Scott Belshaw for your password and username to Passport to the Internet – email@example.com
Please go HERE to access World Book online.